Church Lane Evangelical Church is a church community where:
- we worship God
- prayer is a priority
- we welcome, value, love and respect everyone
- there isn’t judgement but wise advice
- we provide pastoral support to those in need
- we learn from the Bible to help us on our journey of faith
- we always try to make church activities and the church building accessible to meet the needs of all people
- we equip each other to love others like Jesus loves us.
What we believe in | Our statement of faith
- in one God, creator of heaven and earth
- that God is a trinity of three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- that the Bible is the inspired Word of God to be trusted as our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- that in sending his one and only Son, Jesus Christ, God has extended his love and grace to the people of this world.
- that Jesus Christ is the Eternal Son of God. He was born to the virgin Mary having been conceived by the Holy Spirit. He lived a perfect life and was put to death on the cross. He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. He will come again in power and glory to complete His kingdom
- that all people fall short of God’s standard for their lives and are therefore under God’s condemnation, but that by his death on the cross Jesus Christ took the punishment for our sin
- that as we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord, we receive God’s forgiveness, eternal life and the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- that our local church is part of the worldwide family of God, of which Christ is the head. As part of this family we are committed to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.